What is EAP
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a intervention counselling service designed to enhance the emotional and psychological well-being of employees. The power of EAP is in the preventive measure for intervention and early detection, identification and resolution of workplace and personal problems that may adversely impact upon work performance and general well-being.
These problems and issues may include, but are not limited to, workplace issues of stress, career planning and development, restructure / redundancy, bullying, work conflict, crisis and trauma, return to work, medical concerns impacting work performance, as well as personal concerns which impact at work including depression, anxiety, marital issues & separation, violence & anger, relationships, alcohol and substance abuse as well as gambling and other addictions. Often, the longer an issue remains unattended, the more your employee’s life that may be affected by it. Early assistance with a minor issue may prevent it from developing into a major one. Happy and mentally healthy employees perform better at their work, are better at working in a team, are more efficient and take less time off work.
Why should we invest in an EAP Program?
Business and front-line managers need the tools and services to help deal with important compliance and liability issues that are caused by employees who are experiencing various psychological heath issues. Employees who will experience life problems can create disruption to the workplace if they do not receive support, they may end up in workers’ compensation claims and can be absent more often from work. EAP gives early intervention a chance to help resolve concerns before they magnify with time.
At IP we have over a decade of experience working with organisations to help them manage psychological wellbeing of employees in their workforce. We have established methods and interventions to help employees and managers to navigate through mental health hurdles. We help employees to identify issues, work out which of their concerns are work related and which are personal and then provide support and strategies to deal with their concerns. At IP we provide tailored solutions to suit each business – no two people or business are the same! Our prices are competitive and reflect our ethos of providing value for money, wholistic support for employer and employee.
How does it work?
We provide two services – Standard EAP
- Employees are provided with information about our services and they can call us to make a time to talk
- Generally, we have found that most employers will pay for 4 therapeutic sessions
- You will be billed monthly and you’ll know which employee has sought support – these sessions are private and confidential and we cannot share with you content of the discussion
- You refer the employee to us for support because you have identified that the employee needs professional support
- Your call us and let us know which employee we are expecting and the concern so we are prepared
- Whilst we cannot provide any confidential information will can at the end of four sessions can make some recommendations about further care for the employee.