At Integrative Psychology we deal with a variety of parenting issues in the context of individual, couples and family therapy.
Examples of parenting issues which we deal with include:
- Dealing with blended and step families
- Parenting for the first time
- Co-parenting after separation
- Dealing with school difficulties
- Dealing with child/adolescent emotional and behavioural problems
- Dealing with developmental difficulties and disability
- Family conflict
- Eating disturbance
Psycho-education and therapeutic approaches such as Psychodynamic approaches, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Emotion-Focused Therapy, Transactional Analysis, and Trauma Therapy may be useful in addressing parenting issues.
At Integrative Psychology a thorough assessment is conducted in understand the individual, family and wider contextual factors relevant to the presenting concerns. Counselling is then tailored to address the specific client situation.