Personal coaching (otherwise referred to as life coaching) can assist with identifying and promoting change in a range of personal domains of life. Examples of life domains in which we may want to create change include:
- Health and weight
Coaching can assist with feeling that life in general or a specific part of one’s life has become stagnant, somewhat meaningless. Coaching can help when we feel we need a change but do not know what that change should be or when we have a specific goal or set of goals already in mind but require assistance in achieving their desired outcome.
Overview of coaching:
Coaching can include the following steps towards change:
- Identify and refine personal goals
- Promote and enhance motivation
- Identify actual and potential resources available for achieving identified goals
- Identify self-sabotaging thoughts and behaviours that act as barriers to achieving goals
- Develop action plans for achieving goals, including short-term and long term milestones
- Strategies for maintenance of positive changes.
Personal coaching helps the individual to identify and maximise their own unique resources, including personality attributes, past experiences of success and failure, and external supports. Using a positive psychology approach that draws on existing strengths an individual can feel they are achieving their goals in a sustainable and personally fulfilling manner.At Integrative Psychology we work collaboratively and creativity with the individual to support their personal development.